Monday, May 26, 2014

1 Nephi 16:18 and 23

Hey K, Dad, and Alex--------
We had a better week this week, It is SUPER cold. But I am staying warm, no worries. We were able to have a few good lessons as well as some new investigators. The picture is included of our investigator, Nacho. Like I explained in my email from last week. The good news is that he is progressing a little bit every time we teach. He has more and more questions and me teaching him English has been a good way to "open the door". Before it was hard for him to talk, but now he´s talking and he´s talking in English hahaha. 
 
I sent a picture a few weeks ago of our MA, Hermano C _____.. He is CRAZY. He´s like a member of the Hampton family, hahah. He has now been coming to church regularly. And we have been visiting him and his wife more. We are trying to help him with a few minor problems, but he told us he wanted to enter the temple and that that was his new goal. We had a ward conference last week and the stake president talked a lot about the Temple. I think that really woke him up :) BUT I am super excited for him. Taking advantage of his idea, I shared with him how there is no better goal than to enter the temple and that we would be there to help both him AND his wife go through together. 
What more.... We´ve had a few Noches de Hogar, I´m still teaching English, we might have a baptism this Sunday. The daughter of one of the converts of our ward. Still working hard... We are going to have a family home evening with the Bishop tonight. Trying to get to know him. He is crazy.. I came up with the idea, we´ll see how it goes. 
 
Other than that, I am glad to see you enjoyed Memorial day! I was thinking just the other day trying to remember what day it fell on. Looks like grandma and grandpa had a fun time and Lauren looks so beautiful and ready to leave! I'm excited for her!! ....... Faltan las fotos de ustedes dos. -- karen and dad. I'm sure you will take lots when you go to portland. Dad, I don't understand when you say your life is pretty "aburrido" when you and karen are national travelers, and hosts for the other crazys that come and visit. 
 
I'm not sure if I have shared this with you before, but I love these two verses in 1Nephi 16. This is the part where he and his family are in the wilderness. His bow breaks. Here, Nephi has a Problem. In vs 23, He finds a solution. Not only that, but he asks his father where he can go to find food. If we ever feel like we have trials or problems, We can use our knowledge and resources to find a solution, and we can ask our Heavenly Father what we should do next. I have lived with this knowledge over the last few weeks because these weeks haven´t been easy for me, but I do know what when we identify our problems, we´ve got half of the solution. So, I´ve just got to work with what I´ve got and ask the Lord what I should do next. 
 
Alex I pray for you and the people you are working with everyday. You left almost a year a go. A year goes fast and I know you are putting everything forward, I am so proud of you. 
 
I did get everything in the lucky charm box! thank you!!! and I also received a BEAUTIFUL necklace with a note that said it was Dad´s idea... ;) thank you dad and K because it got to me and I wear it everyday. I love you and hope you are well and hope you enjoy your upcoming plans. 
 
-- pic of me and Nacho and one of me, Hna Veron, and Hna Tax in our apartment eating pancakes!
 
 

Sister Jasmine Berthelson
Chile Santiago East Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment