Monday, August 11, 2014

August 11th

I need to get back to ya'll with a longer letter. 
Oh if only Da-Rell from West Haven CT was able to come to Santiago... it would bring a lot more Chile spice to our Zone Classes.. I was able to be a fill-in leader for our zone class because a few of the other Hermanas from the other sector had the chicken pox. We talked about how we could include more inspirational questions we analized a little bit of what Ammon taught King Lamoni in Alma 18 with ways to use the Spirit to ask questions and use scriptures. My comp is one of the other leaders, so I was teaching with her.

We did service in the morning for an investigating family this week. The dad makes bread so they have this giant oven in this small apartment building. The whole house smells like flour, but the house was filled with all sorts of "tresures". We were there all morning scrubbing down the house... really, really, scrubbing. It definitely needed a before/after pic. But the family was really appreciative that we could come and help them. 
 
N____,, the boy I told ya'll about a few emails ago had entered the psychiatric clinic and is now taking medicine. You wouldn't believe the complete turn-around. He is going to church with his mom now (Evangelical church) BUT we are able to come over still and he is reading the Book of Mormon. It is almost unbelievable... anyways, we have grown to care so much for him and know that we can help him make bigger changes in the future. 

The other night we were were walking and trying to find different investigators to teach. Walking at around 8:30 in the evening and no one wants to open the door, both Hermana Veron and I needed to use the bathroom. We went by a member's house. Well, a hard situation to explain, but the husband, an active member who has been a member for years, and also an expert of Biblical topics doesn't have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. His wife who is a less-active, has a pretty strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. It is often the topic we touch on when we go to visit them... 
We converse as we normally do in the beginning and like I mentioned above, we start talking about the need to read the Book of Mormon. The brother is an older gentleman who is pretty set in his ways says that with the few times that he has read the Book of Mormon, he has always had a hard time believing it. and Blah blah blah almost lecturing US for an hour about how no one can prove that these places exist.. Well, my first and natural instincts were "what is the point, why are we here listening to this" but my comp out of no where asks him if he has received his Patriarchal Blessing. And he goes off for a time telling us that the church lost it and he hasn't been able to get it back... more talking on his part.  But after my companion shared with him the need to read his Patriarchal Blessing. How she has seen the need to read the Book of Mormon through her Patriarchal Blessing.
She asked him a question: Do you believe that Satan knows our weaknesses?
After that he got quiet and everything turned around. We both testified the need to read the Book of Mormon has blessed our lives and how we mush put our faith first when we read it. Even he said in the end- two young people could convince me, a 70yr old man, to make changes in my life.
I think re-telling the experience in person would be better... but I know that this question is right. Do we believe that Satan knows our weaknesses?
It got me to ponder a lot in my own life. The things that I look at as my weaknesses and think i cant overcome them, but i know I can through Christ..  Jacob 4:7
I am also praying for the .............. family. I know it is all a part of the plan our our Heavenly Father. 
In response to dad... am also coming back to phoenix if that is okay. Ill have to be set apart by the stake pres in phx. It is decided Dec 29th. I'll be home for a short time and we will see from there. 
love you all and have a good week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment