Monday, July 7, 2014

D&C 101:16

Hola Familia
I don´t really know where to start this week. Just a full week of work I guess. When I get to sitting down at the computer my mind goes completely blank as  to what has happened during these 7 days. To start with the news from the two new missionaries, I cant tell you how proud I am of both of them. The feelings of doubt or nervousness pass after a time and I can totally relate to Elder Hampton. Dinner just doesn't exist. Like I have said before, They usually gather once more in the late afternoon to eat (here it is called once) but yes they load the missionaries up during lunch. Hermana or Elder... it´s practically the same. 
 
This week has been a good week to say the least- Although we didnt celebrate the 4th of July with Fireworks...We have a new investigator named R______. He is about 30, a musician with a few health problems, but he is super receptive and lives right next to the church haha. 
We have also been able to teach Y____ and E____ again. With the situation of the two of them, we have been teaching the plan of salvation.

Yesterday we were teaching N______... The investigator that I took the photo with. A few weeks ago, we were able to teach Daniel, his older brother too, and well we asked if we could come back and teach him some more and so we came over yesterday to teach the both of them-D___ and N_____. Their Mom J_____ is super Evangelica. Yesterday when we came over she got upset when we told her that we were there to teach N_____ and D_____ (really we asked if we could teach the whole family). She had a moment where she went a little crazy telling us that Nacho was the one with the problem and that we were only there to teach N_____ and no one else. And after she stomped up the stairs upset. As we taught the Restoration to both D____ and N_____, we asked if we could show the movie The Restoration, and a good part way into the movie, J____ came down and started to watch from the bottom of the stairs. 
Really, it was such a powerful moment to share testimony with the three that were there. J_____´s face completely changed both Hermana Veron and I shared our testimonies of Joseph Smith and the Restored Gospel. 
I also got a phon ecall yesterday in the middle of 3rd hour at church. There was a boy that I mentioned in a couple of my emails to you guys named J_____. He pretty much came to church by himself for a while. He and his mom and older sister are all converts. And his dad wasn't a member. Hermana Salazar and I taught the whole family for a while, and well, I got the news yesterday from my mission president that his dad, P_____was baptized yesterday. N_____, J___'s sister, also told me that she is planning on serving a mission. The two kids kind of have a relation like Alex and I have. I am so happy for the whole family. That P_____ is now a member and that all are active in the church and I can bet that the next goal (for the family) is to be sealed eternally. The story is better in person, so you might have to wait a while. 
 
Eldr B. Pienso yo que nuestro barrio parece a veces como tuyo con 31 personas que lleguen dia domingo. La cosa que es lo más dificil para nosotros es para llevar nuestros investigadores/Ma a la capilla. A veces no sucede, pero todo es sobre la fe cierto? Te entiendo perfectamente cuan dificil es para encontrar nuevas personas para enseñar y que es muy necesario la idea de las referencias. Sabes que, no recibimos casi nada de referencias. Pero, aun que no es muy efectivo, he visto la necesidad tener fe y confianza en el Señor por trabajar por nuestros propio esfuerzos. No se frustre. De todos modos estás un gran ejemplo para mí.

(Eldr B. I think that our neighborhood sometimes seems like yours with 31 people arriving day Sunday. The thing that is the hardest thing for us is to bring our researchers / Ma to the chapel. Sometimes it happens, but it's all about the true faith? I completely understand how hard it is to find new people to teach and the idea is very necessary references. You know, we get almost no references. But even that is not very effective, I have seen the need to have faith and trust in the Lord to work for our own efforts. Do not get frustrated. Anyway you are a great example for me.)

So I am super grateful for this scripture. We invited everyone to church this Sunday, super frustrating when they don't come, sure. It's actually always like this with commitments, and invitations, etc etc. . But I have to learn time and time again to not get upset with myself if things don't happen like I plan and that the will of Heavenly Father is greater than my own. The agency of another is nothing that I can control, but I just have to have faith and do my part, and the Lord will work in His own time. 
Glad to know everyone is well. sounds like you had a good fourth of July with shrimp and everything!!!!! and fireworks and the sandlot. miss it. 
Lots of love,


No comments:

Post a Comment